And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,
These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens“: “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie–indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” Revelation 3:7-13
- Jesus has a lot to say to the church family named for “brotherly love”. Look at all these promises! Meditate upon and relish each one of them! Your local congregation might be small. Perhaps you don’t have a lot of influence in town. Tiny financial budget. No building to meet in. In fact, you have no church website and you are not even listed in the phone book. But no matter. The holy, true, sovereign King of the kingdom sees you. And like a loving father at Christmas, He is here to blow your mind away with gifts that exceedingly surpass what you might see in American television shows. And no one here in town is powerful enough to shut that door upon you, to exclude you from your King and the eternal kingdom. Hey, He has the key!!!!
- Maybe you have been excommunicated. Well, what was it that you were kicked out of? A “synagogue of Satan”? Some religious leaders claim to be the authority of God. But Jesus says that they are not. And you will be vindicated, you who keep God’s Word, you who do not deny the reality and the authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- And not only vindicated, you will be protected. Preserved!
- And not only protected, you are treasured. Jesus is coming! And you will be the pillar in the temple of God Almighty, and the name of your heavenly Father will be engraved on you.
- How can we even begin to imagine and describe what is in store for you believers in Idaho Falls who flesh out the ancient church in Philadelphia? You are the King’s sons and daughters. And all will see this shortly.