Dr. Mike Evans thinks that Glenn Beck is a modern day Jeremiah. (HT: SI)
“Though Romney hasn’t released his personal tax returns, he has given away millions through the Tyler Charitable Foundation, whose records are publicly available.
“From 2000 to 2009, Romney and his wife gave $6.4 million through the foundation, with $4.6 million of that then going to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where Romney is a member. The second-highest recipient of the Romneys’ gifts is the Mormon-affiliated Brigham Young University, where all five of their sons attended, underscoring the family’s commitment to their Mormon religion.”
(Sidenote Contrast – “Since 2000, [Rick] Perry and his wife Anita have donated to churches $12,668–or 0.47 percent of their income–according to their personal tax returns. They have not donated personal income to any other Christian nonprofits. . . . In 2007, when he reported income of over $1 million, he gave $90 to his church.”)
– World, August 27, 2011
High School seminary is about ready to start in Idaho Falls. But why are the 100’s of teens in town skipping over Genesis 1-5?
Perhaps the paid seminary profs might invite me as a guest speaker. Utilizing the scriptural data, I could introduce all our teens to the glorious Creator God of the universe.
I am sporting a beard. Would you like to see my latest pic?
Does this distinguish me from approximately the 100 LDS bishops in the area? :)
Kevin DeYoung and Tullian Tchividjian had an important conversation this spring.
Where do you stand on the relationship of justification and sanctification?
What do think is the position of the LDS General Authorities?
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 2011, Arco, Idaho
- Bottolfsen Park
- Presenters – John Paul Moody “World Predator Calling Champion”, Chuck Buck – Buck Knives, Bryon L. Tabor – one of the country’s most skilled archers
- Custom knife makers, skilled fly casters, old-time mountain man tools and skills, falconers, etc.
- Christian and family value themes
- 9:30 – 4:30
- Contact info: Jackie Harwood – firstname.lastname@example.org, Steve Cote – 208-527-3975, Chuck McKee – 527-2646